Imagine being immersed in riveting, mind-expanding talks, enchanting musical performances, and an overall thought provoking experience. This is TEDxNashville.
Leaders from the Nashville community organize TEDxNashville under a license from TED, in the spirit of the TED mission – to spread ideas that matter.
Just like your favorite TED talks seen online, talks delivered at TEDxNashville are all 18 minutes or less, and will take you on a fast-paced deep dive into some of the world’s most interesting topics. In addition, all talks at TEDxNashville are without any commercial, religious, or political agenda. Isn’t that refreshing?
TEDxNashville primarily features local speakers, however speakers also travel from around the country, and sometimes from around the world, to deliver a talk from the TEDxNashville stage.
By giving local innovators a global platform, as well as featuring speakers from around the country and world, TEDxNashville contributes to Nashville’s reputation as a vibrant and creative city.
For TEDxNashville 2017, I am especially excited to hear the talk by Michael Puett; he is known as the professor who teaches the third most popular course at Harvard, Classical Chinese Ethical and Political Theory; this course has been called life-changing by many Harvard students.
Who are you excited to hear speak at TEDxNashville 2017?
TEDxNASHVILLE 2017 SPEAKERS include:
- Kira Pollack, TIME Magazine Director of Photography
- Bobby Bones, The Most Powerful Man In Country Music – Forbes
- Dr. Steven Schlozman, The Harvard Doctor Who Accidentally Unleashed a Zombie Invasion – New York Times
- Maneet Chauhan, Food Network Host, Acclaimed Chef and Restaurateur
- Natalie Hinkel, Planetary Astrophysicist
- Éva Boros, Co-founder of Nashville Walls Project, Executive Producer of Saving Banksy
Of the TEDxNashville 2017 performers, it is hard to pick one that I am anticipating more than the others, however if forced to pick just one, it would be Rodney Crowell; he is known for his #1 country hits, as well as for collaborations with his ex-wife Rosanne Cash, Bob Seger, Keith Urban, and many more.
TEDxNASHVILLE 2017 PERFORMERS include:
- Kris Allen, American Idol Season 8 Winner
- BASECAMP, electronica trio and Lightning 100 contest winner
- Kyshona Armstrong, R&B powerhouse
In addition to talks and performances, here are a few other things you can enjoy while at TEDxNashville:
- 3D Projection Mapping created exclusively for TEDxNashville (Whatever you do, don’t miss this!)
- 6ft x 6ft custom murals, also created exclusively for TEDxNashville 2017
- The Dell Innovation Lab, including demos and exhibits by 10 unique companies
- Interactive Photo Booth to help you capture your TEDx memories
- The TPAC bar will be open throughout the event, in case you want to toast the occasion
- TEDxNashville will provide complimentary waters in the lobby…
- AND delicious treats during a reception at the end of both Friday and Saturday
On both Friday, March 17th and Saturday, March 18th, plan to grab a bite to eat, and then head over to TEDxNashville early enough to enjoy all that TEDxNashville has to offer.
On that note, here’s some general info to help you know where to go, and when to arrive:
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC)
- 505 Deaderick St, Nashville, TN 37219
- TPAC directions and parking options available here.
- Friday, March 17th, 6:00pm -10:30pm (Doors open at 5:00pm)
- Saturday, March 18th, 1:00pm – 6:00pm (Doors open an noon)
- Detailed schedules will be distributed at the event.
- A two-day pass is $65 plus tax and TPAC fees.
- Single day passes are not available, however we kept ticket prices at the single day rate to make it possible for everyone to attend both days, and get the full experience.