In partnership with TEDx and the Melinda & Bill Gates Foundation, Healthways is pleased to sponsor TEDxChange Nashville, focusing on wellness. This invitation-only event will be on September 22 at Nashville’s Country Music Hall of Fame.
The local TEDxChange event will feature celebrated experts and an exclusive screening of a new Global TEDxChange program—The Future We Make. This program reviews what has been done as well as what still needs to be done and offers a forward look to potential developments in health and well-being around the world.
We have a great line-up of speakers and performers, including:
- Dr. Nicholas Christakis, a social scientist and Harvard professor recently named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world, and an expert in social network analytics;
- Dr. Jeannette Ickovics, a nationally recognized Yale University researcher and professor whose work centers upon improving the well-being of people who fall through the cracks of our health care system;
- Janice Weinman, President of KIDS (Kids in Distressed Situations), whose organization changes the lives of impoverished families around the globe;
- Brian Williams, executive director of Hands on Nashville, whose organization plays a key role in Nashville’s recovery from 2010’s devastating flood;
- Trapper Markelz from Healthways, who will discuss how the online gaming industry can be a catalyst for encouraging people to think differently about their own well-being;
- Radney Foster, a critically acclaimed artist, musician, and songwriter.