November 29th | City Winery
1:00 PM — 5:00 PM |
Reception at The Ink Building
Over the past few years, TEDWomen and TEDxWomen have launched many powerful ideas into the world and sparked real change. The TEDxNashville team is proud to bring this tradition to Middle Tennessee on November 29th, 2018 with the inaugural TEDxNashvilleWomen.
Complementing the featured speakers of TEDxNashvilleWomen are various workshops, including “Turn Your Side Hustle into Your Dream Job” by Courtenay Rogers of Pathway Women’s Business Center (WBC), “Poetic Strategies for Personal and Professional Boundaries” by Stephanie Pruitt and Google initiative “I Am Remarkable.”
Both women and men are invited to join us for TEDxNashvilleWomen 2018 as we celebrate women who are showing up to face challenges head on and driving an explosion of discovery and ingenuity to create real, meaningful change.
- Megan Barry, former Nashville Mayor.
- Samar Ali, 2010 White House fellow, recognized as one of World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders, former assistant commissioner for international affairs for Gov. Bill Haslam, adviser for Department of Homeland Security, Vanderbilt Law School’s board of advisors., Bass, Berry & Sims International Counsel.
- Charlane Oliver, founder and board president of The Equity Alliance —a nonprofit organization focused on civic engagement in communities of color—recipient of Dr. Evelyn Fancher Unsung Hero Award, 2016 Nashville Black 40 Under 40 award recipient, named one of NashvilleBusiness.Net’s 100 Leading African Americans in 2018, 2017 Communications Excellence Grand Award by the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives.
- Jennifer Masley, food and wellness entrepreneur, host of Acme Radio’s “The Hive Hour”—an in-depth look at all things Nashville has to offer in local food and wellness—founder of Michigan-based Sip Organic Juice Bars, founder of Eio and The Hive restaurant.
- Shelley Zalis, CEO of The Female Quotient, founder of The Girls’ Lounge.
- Erin Wolf, nationally ranked athlete, founding director of Women’s Leadership Center of Coles College of Business at Kennesaw State University, former Wall Street investment banker and corporate C-Suite executive at a global consulting firm, founder of Suite Track—aimed to help women move into leadership positions in the workplace.
- Kimberly Papillon, nationally recognized expert on Neuroscience and Psychology of Decision-Making, attorney and educator, speaker at Talks at Google.
- Christy Pruitt-Haynes, Expert in Leadership Development, Diversity, Communication, Strategy, and Adulting.
- Bailey Bryan, singer-songwriter penning every track off her impactful debut EP, “So Far.”
- Cristina Spinei, Nashville-based artist recognized as “one of the most talented young composers in America” by GRAMMY award-winning conductor José Serebrier.
- Heather McBee (Emcee), VP of operations at Nashville Entrepreneur Center, emcee for Who Knew events, former board member of Leadership Music, former VP of Accelerator Programming.
Why TEDxWomen Matters
- We create a platform from which women can share their ideas.
- We amplify the voices of female visionaries, and put an unwavering spotlight on their refreshing perspectives and powerful ideas.
- We provide opportunities for women to connect over shared intellectual interests and professional goals.
- These new professional connections, discussions, and ideas will continue to be a source of strength and inspiration for participants as they work to achieve their dreams and make a difference in our community and beyond.